|The mission of the National
Network for Early Language Learning (NNELL) is to provide
leadership to advocate for and support successful early language
learning and teaching. Founded in 1987, NNELL provides valuable
educators, parents, and policy makers.
NNELL & Professional Growth
Contact NNELL to learn about resources for teachers, school community or conference.
Advocate for Language Learning
Do you share the NNELL mission? Become a member and receive the latest information, research, and articles from educators around the world. Already a member? Get more involved by joining a committee.
Webinars: Anytime! Anywhere!
NNELL supports world language educators throughout the United States with targeted professional development webinars to meet your needs.
NNELL Quick Updates
- Do you know a champion of early language learning? If so, we want to hear from you! NNELL seeks nominees for our Award for Outstanding Support of Early Second Language Learning. The award will be given to an individual or individuals who have demonstrated outstanding support of early second language learning of languages other than English. Nominees may be actively involved in their efforts in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, the following: principal or other school administrator, district or state school superintendent, classroom teacher, parent, school board member, businessperson, civic leader, politician/elected representative. Nominees should be individuals whose primary job responsibilities are not related to the field of second language education. The deadline for nominations is June 1, 2015.
- Free FLES professional development with FLESFest in NYC!
- NNELL at 25 and its founding mothers
Take a few moments to read this wonderful article about the founding of NNELL and how the organization has grown over the past 25 years
- Congratulations to Helena Curtain and
Carol Ann Dahlberg on receiving the 2013 Central States
Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Language Founders Award.
- NNELL recognizes US Representative Rush Holt for its National Network for Early Language Learning Award